As a property owner, pests can be your biggest nightmare as they can cause health issues, including allergic reactions, respiratory disease, and mental distress. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) says cockroaches carry bacteria that can cause streptococcus, salmonella, and staphylococcus when deposited on your food.
Calling in pest control professionals is the most effective way to rid your property of destructive pests and protect your health. Here, we explore everything you need to know about pest control in Phoenix, AZ, and why Urban Desert Pest Control is your trusted source for expert pest control services.
Five of the Most Common Pests In Phoenix, Arizona
A wide variety of pests thrive in Phoenix, thanks to its year-round warm climate. The more you know about the pests that are most likely to infest your home, the better the chance of success in controlling them. Here are five of the most common household pests in Phoenix, AZ:
- Cockroaches: Phoenix is home to German roaches and brown-banded roaches. You can easily prevent infestation of these pests by maintaining cleanliness and hiring a pest control expert to provide preventive treatment. However, if you already have a cockroach infestation, you’ll need a comprehensive pest control service to resolve the issue effectively.
- Wasps: Over 30,000 wasp species exist on earth. Phoenix hosts hundreds of these species, including black-and-yellow mud daubers, western yellowjackets, and Navajo and Arizona paper wasps. Wasps are known for their aggression and the adverse side effects of their sting. If you have an allergy or sensitivity to wasp venom, stings can be life-threatening. As such, it’s important to seek professional pest control services as soon as you notice signs of wasp infestation on your property.
- Termites: According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), termites cause over $4 billion in damages in the country. While termite infestation is a nationwide problem, Arizona is highly prone as it lies in one of the country’s most active subterranean termite belts. These pests live in large underground colonies that can cause extensive damage when they come to the surface.
- Ants: Since these tiny bugs love dwelling in warmer temperatures, the Arizona climate is ideal for them. Some species, like fire ants, can be dangerous with their painful bites, so you don’t want them in your home if you have children and pets. Carpenter ants are among the common species in Phoenix, and they create nests by burrowing through wood, which can cause a lot of damage. You’ll often find these ants in the bathroom and kitchen.
- Rodents: Rodents invade at least 21 million homes in the United States every winter, and Phoenix is no exception. The most common rodents in the Phoenix area include house mice, deer mice, roof rats, and pack rats. While these rodents vary in size and nesting habits, they have the same potential to damage property and subject your loved ones to health risks. Don’t hesitate to call in a professional rodent control service when you suspect an infestation.
Top Reasons You Need Professional Pest Control In Phoenix
Investing in expert pest control services is the best option, especially if you lack pest control skills or are unsure of the severity of the infestation on your property. Let’s explore some of the benefits of hiring professional pest control services in Phoenix, AZ:
Protect Your Health
Pests can pose various health issues to you and your loved ones, including pets. Cockroaches and rodents carry salmonella and can spread infectious diseases. Bed bugs can trigger serious skin allergies, whereas mosquitoes cause dengue fever.
Furthermore, pest urine and droppings can dry out and become airborne allergens that can infiltrate human and pet respiratory systems, triggering respiratory complications. Pest control professionals have the skills and resources to effectively eliminate pest infestations and protect you from their adverse effects.
Save Time and Effort
DIY pest control can be time-consuming, usually with short-lived results. Professional pest control services implement well-structured plans that deliver long-lasting results. They’re often successful as they have the technical expertise to exterminate pests and prevent re-infestation, saving you the time and effort you would spend on frequent pest control.
Prevent Property Damage
Various pest infestations pose unique risks to your property. According to EPA, termites are responsible for billions of dollars of structural damage, and property owners spend over $2 billion controlling these destructive pests.
Hiring a professional to prevent infestation can save you a fortune since insurance companies usually don’t cover termite damage.
Promote Food Safety
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that 48 million Americans fall sick, 128,000 get hospitalized, and 3,000 die yearly from food poisoning. One of the leading causes of food contamination is the presence of pests carrying dangerous diseases in food facilities. Therefore, professional pest control can help ensure food safety in your home.
Contact Us to Request a Free Quote for Expert Pest Control in Phoenix, AZ
Now that you understand the significance of hiring professional pest control services, you should find a reputable company to handle your pest problems. Urban Desert Pest Control is here if you need reliable pest control solutions in Phoenix, AZ.
Since 2015, we’ve provided expert pest control solutions at competitive prices, and we commit to protecting your property, family, and pets from destructive pests. If you’re ready to eliminate termites, rodents, and other pests from your home, contact Urban Desert Pest Control at (602) 603-4504 for a free quote.