Ants are one of the most problematic pests to control due to the sheer numbers that colonies possess, and they are one of the biggest pest problems businesses and homeowners face in Arizona. An ant colony can have 100,000 members or more, infiltrating homes, gardens, outbuildings, and other areas around homes and businesses in Phoenix, AZ, and the surrounding communities. Ants are more than just a nuisance; they can threaten your family, business, or home. If you have ants invading your home or business, you should know the importance of ant control. Here is what you need to know about ant pest control in Phoenix.
Types of Ants in Arizona
Many different types of ants live and thrive in Arizona. Unlike other regions where ants may hibernate during the colder winter months, some ant species in Arizona can cause problems year-round. Many types of ants can cause problems within your home or on your property. Some of the most common ants in Arizona include:
- Carpenter ants – these ants can cause damage to your home or business, destroying cosmetic aspects as well as weakening the structure.
- Fire ants – there are at least three different types of fire ants in Arizona that can bite and sting, causing pain and other health complications.
- Pavement ants – these ants are extremely common and can bite and sting.
- Pharaoh ants – with colonies with hundreds of thousands of tiny ants, pharaoh ants can be difficult to remove without professional ant control.
- Rover ants – Rover ants also have giant colonies and may require ant pest control.
Once you see a few ants in your home, it is likely that there are thousands upon thousands in a nest nearby. Since some of these can cause extensive damage to your home or injure family members, it is vital to seek ant pest control as soon as possible.
FAQs About Ant Pest Control
When you start seeing carpenter ants crawling across your deck or a nest of fire ants in your yard, it is time to consider calling your local ant pest control expert. At Urban Desert Pest Control, we have helped our clients remove all types of ant infestations from their homes and property in the greater Phoenix, AZ, area. Some of the most frequently asked questions we hear from our customers about ant control include the following:
- What does ant pest control do? Preventive pest control for ants both stops ants that are already in your home and prevents them from coming back and building a new colony.
- Why is pest control important for ants? Ants are an invasive species that can devalue your home and pose risks to your family. Ant infestations can also be devastating to your business. Professional ant control is the best solution for removing ants and preventing future infestations.
- How often do I need to spray for ants? A preventative pest control spray for ants and other occasional invaders should be done 2 to 6 times a year. Treatment usually takes about two hours but can vary. It depends on the size of your home and the extent of your ant infestation.
- How do I get rid of ants from my home? The first step to getting rid of ants from your home is to identify the type of ant. Your local ant pest control expert can both identify the species and be sure that proper treatment is given. To help prevent the pests from reinvading, seal entry points and cracks where they may be coming into your home.
The Best Pest Control Company for Ants
At Urban Desert Pest Control, we have 500+ happy customers that have given us excellent reviews on Google and Yelp. We consider ourselves both the best and most affordable pest control for ants company in the Phoenix, AZ, area.
If ants are causing problems at your home or business in the Phoenix, AZ, area, contact us at Urban Desert Pest Control. Call our office or contact us through our website for a free quote on commercial or residential ant pest control services.