Many people think that pests go away during the winter. However, this is not true—your home can still become infested during the cold months, making pests a year-round concern. If you have any pests in your home, you need an expert who can give you peace of mind.
Urban Desert Pest Control offers industry-leading pest control services in Phoenix, AZ. Pests can damage your property and pose a health and safety hazard, so it’s crucial to call an expert to halt the problem as soon as possible.
Most Common Household Pests in Phoenix
Our operation has extensive experience working with all kinds of infestations. Below are some of the most common pests in Phoenix and where you can most commonly find them.
Ants are not the most destructive, but they can make your home uncomfortable to inhabit. Ants typically emerge to find bits of food and drink left in your house. They make their nests in dirt and soil near the base of your home. You can follow ant trails to identify the location of their mounds.
Termites are one of the most common and destructive pests that are highly active in Phoenix. Termites can eat through wood, damaging the major support structures of your home. You can identify termite colonies by looking for rotted wood on your property. You can also trace termite tunnels in your yard to locate colonies.
Cockroaches are notoriously difficult to get rid of and pose a sanitation threat. Roaches get into homes through cracks and spaces in the walls and insulation. They can infest your food and can also harm your pets. You can identify roaches through their droppings and physical presence.
Phoenix is home to several types of rodents that can infiltrate your home. Rats and mice can eat through your insulation and damage your property. Rats and mice leave easily identifiable droppings and congregate in corners, cupboards, and other enclosed spaces.
Phoenix is also home to many types of scorpions, most of which are venomous but not deadly. Scorpions like to hide in small enclosed spaces and are attracted to crickets and grubs—their common food sources.
Phoenix has a high spider population, including venomous variants, such as black widows and brown recluses. Common signs of spiders include cobwebs and egg sacs. Most spiders are not dangerous to humans, but they can leave behind dead insects they feed on.
Bed bugs are one of the worst pests to encounter and can render your home temporarily uninhabitable. Bed bugs can infest your bedding and clothing. They are small and hard to identify but can cause itching and discomfort.
Signs You Have Pests
If you notice any of the following signs, you should call pest control quickly. Neglecting to get integrated pest management can make the infestation much worse and cause other pest problems.
- You find dead bugs all around your home
- You find random bug bites on your body
- There are droppings near enclosed spaces in your home
- You smell bad odors coming from your walls, cabinets, vents, etc.
- You find traces and markings in your house or yard
- You hear unexplained rustling noises in your walls and floor
- You find damage to your plants or property
- You find large amounts of live pests
The best way to deal with a specific pest is to take care of the problem immediately. Prolonging pest control just means they have more time to multiply and damage your home. Whether you need rodent control or cockroach elimination, our pest control technicians can identify any kind of pests and eliminate them, giving your peace of mind.
How to Prevent Pests
The best way to deal with a pest infestation is to prevent it from happening in the first place. Homeowners can take several steps to reduce the risk of pest infestations and avoid pest problems.
- Don’t leave bits of food and water out in your kitchen or living room. Pests flock to food left out in the open. This includes food that has fallen on the ground.
- Store food items in your pantry in enclosed containers or tupperware.
- Regularly take out your garbage and keep a lid on your garbage. Lids will keep pests from getting inside your cans.
- Seal any gaps in your doors, windows, and house foundation to prevent pests from coming inside.
- Clean your kitchen counters, stove tops, and cabinets to remove all food particles and liquids that could attract pests.
- Sweep, vacuum, and mop your floors regularly. The cleaner you keep your floors, the less likely it is pests will take root.
- Your landscaping could also be attracting pests. Things like wood piles and long grass are places pests regularly hang out. Trimming your trees and cleaning up your landscaping removes places pests can hide and take root.
Pest Control in Phoenix
Urban Desert Pest Control has over 20 years of experience serving homeowners in Phoenix and the surrounding areas. As a family-owned operation, we offer a peerless level of personalized service that only a small business can bring. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and strive to foster a strong sense of community and customer loyalty. We stand by the quality of our results!
If you would like to inquire about our services, contact us online or call today at (602) 497-1301 to schedule pest control in Phoenix!