Arizona is home to 55 known species of scorpions, making scorpion pest control critical. Scorpions are tiny and flexible, penetrating the smallest holes, hiding in minute cracks, and silently waiting to attack. The most populous is the bark scorpion, which is also the most venomous. Do you have a scorpion problem in Phoenix or the surrounding areas? Urban Desert Pest Control is your local scorpion pest control specialist.
How Can I Get Rid of Scorpions?
Scorpions love to hide in damp, dark areas near a food source. Feeding on spiders, crickets, and flies, scorpions seek to infest regions like:
- Old wood piles
- Underneath rocks
- In outdoor wall crevices
- Bathrooms and kitchens
- Around water pipes
- Inside cracks in your walls or floors
- Dark storage closets
- Dank washrooms under washing machines or utility sinks
- Along your home’s foundation
DIY insecticide sprays are available to chase away scorpions, but these can harm humans and pets. The team at Urban Desert Pest Control thoroughly inspects your home to identify possible breeding grounds for scorpions quickly and efficiently. Our team then applies a safe but potent scorpion spray throughout all vital areas. We also offer additional scorpion-related services, such as scorpion sealing that targets entry points in your home and the other regions where scorpions love to hide and multiply. If you’re interested in scorpion spot sealing, contact Urban Desert Pest Control for an on-site estimate.
Urban Desert Pest Control also offers blacklight services performed at night to root out any remaining scorpions for added peace of mind.
I Have a Scorpion In My House! How Do You Kill a Scorpion?
There are a few ways to kill a scorpion, but it’s important to remember that they are dangerous and should be cautiously approached. We recommend wearing gloves and other protective clothing.
- Use a long-handled tool, such as a broom or shovel, to sweep the scorpion into a container and dispose of it.
- Use insecticide spray designed explicitly for scorpions; carefully follow the instructions on the label. Read carefully to determine if the spray is safe for your home and pets.
- Use sticky traps to catch the scorpions, then dispose in the trash.
The best way to eliminate a scorpion is to call for professional scorpion pest control. Our team has the most effective scorpion spray and scorpion control products available to deal with these invasive and dangerous pests.
How Can I Keep Scorpions Out of My House?
The scorpion pest control experts at Urban Desert Pest Control recommend the following measures to prevent scorpions from invading your Phoenix home:
- Declutter your home – Get rid of dark and damp hiding places for scorpions, including wood piles, rock piles, clothing piles in your washroom or closets, and other popular hiding places. Discard unwanted boxes or other items in your garage or outbuilding and eliminate any standing water.
- Repair leaks – leaky pipes that leave moisture or standing water in your basement or crawlspace are ideal places for scorpions to hide and attack. Repair any leaks, dry wet spots, and insulate pipes to prevent condensation.
- Seal openings – Replace weather stripping around doors and windows with a non-toxic expanding sealant to fill cracks and other openings.
- Schedule a free inspection – Contact Urban Desert Pest Control to schedule a free inspection if you find a scorpion in your house or if you suspect they are hiding somewhere.
Safe and Friendly Scorpion Control Products and Services in Phoenix
Urban Desert Pest Control prioritizes the safety and health of your family and pets by using only human- and pet-friendly scorpion spray and other scorpion control products and measures. Contact Urban Desert Pest Control today for the best scorpion pest control services to keep your property and family safe from harm.